Selenium Course Content
Selenium is the portable software testing framework for web applications. It provides a record/playback tool for authoring tests without learning a test scripting language (Selenium IDE). It is an open source project that allows testers and developers alike to develop functional tests to drive the browser. It can easily deploy on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh platforms.
Target Students and Prerequisites:
- What is automation testing.
- When it will come into the picture.
- What is the use of automation testing.
Introduction to Selenium.
- What is Selenium.
- What is the use of selenium
- When selenium can be useful in testing.
- Features of Selenium.
- What is the difference between Selenium and QTP.
- Recording the scripts.
- Running the scripts.
- How to Save the recording script.
- Object Identification.
- Difference between Testcase and test suit.
- Languages supported while Recording.
- Synchronization in Selenium IDE.
- Testing Vs Selenium IDE
- When to use Selenium IDE
- How to run the recorded script against other browsers.
- Why companies are not using recodrding tools.
Creating the Environment for Selenium RC.
- Creating the generic scripts in selenium.
- Creating the scripts by using functions.
- Running the scripts in Eclipse.
- Browser commands with examples.
- Interactive commands with examples.
- Information commands with examples.
- Validation commands with examples.
- How to take data from excel sheets.
- Why should we use excel sheets.
- How to take large no of data from excel sheets.
- How to export data to an excel sheets.
- Export large no of data to an excel sheet.
- How to export results after completion of execution the script.
- How to use Eclipse.
- Debugging the scripts.
- Maintaining the synchronization points.
- How to handle Popups and alert messages.
Developing the reusable script for any project.
- What is Validation.
- What is the use of validations in Automation testing.
- When we use validations in Realtime project.
- How to use Validations.
- Function of a Transaction in a Script
- When to Add Transactions
- Adding Transactions during Recording
- Adding Transactions after Recording
- What is Framework.
- Types of Frameworks.
- What is modular framework.
- What is DataDriven framework.
- What is Keyword driven framework.
- What is Hybrid framework.
- Use of Framework.
- Explain me about your framework.
- How develop the framework.
- Integration of the framework.
- How execute the scripts from framework.
Core Java Fundamentals
- Java Programming Language Keywords
- Class and Object
- Data Types
- Array Declaration, Construction,and Initialization
Flow Control, Exceptions, and Assertions
- Writing Code Using if and switch
- Writing Code Using Loops
- Handling Exceptions
- Working with the Assertion Mechanism
Object Orientation, Overloading and Overriding, Constructors
- Benefits of Encapsulation
- Overridden and Overloaded Methods
Using the java.lang.String Class
- Using the java.lang.Math Class
- Using Wrapper Classes
- Using the equals() Method with
- Strings and Wrappers and Objects
- Method-Local Inner Classes
- Anonymous Inner Classes
- Static Nested Classes
Defining, Instantiating, and Starting Threads
- Preventing Thread Execution
- Synchronizing Code
- Thread Interaction
- Proving it works
- Starting from scratch
- Understanding unit testing frameworks
- Setting up JUnit
- Testing with JUnit
- What is object repository.
- How to use object repository in framework.
- What is the use of maintaing Object repository.
- Types of creating object repository.
- How to use XPath
- How to use DOM
- How to use KeyCommands